Monday, November 17, 2008

Seed Bead Bracelet

I don't usually work with seed beads, but the colors in this hank were just begging me to notice them. I love the cuff-like results -- I wear a lot of black (slimming effect, you know, and it hides the dirt) and I usually have my sleeves pushed up. I really like the flash of color I get with this bracelet. Of course, if you want to see truly fabulous seed bead work, check out Beth Stone's book, Seed Bead Stitching, or The Art of Bead Embroidery by Sherry Serafini and Heidi Kumli.

3 comments:

  1. I love that! Great colors! If only I had the patience to do something like that. It would be a cool choker too, wouldn't it? Or maybe not ... what do I know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bracelet but that sure is a lot of beads :)

    Love those black outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work and I am sure it is lots of fun to wear.

    ReplyDelete