Thursday, June 17, 2010

Summer Days, Summer Nights

This month's Artbeads blogging theme was summer-time fun. When I think of summer, I think of sun, sand, and slowing down. These sunny day bracelets are a perfect way to capture the mood.


I love, love, love the Czech glass from Artbeads. My new favorite is the fire polished fuchsia and lemon. Just like a summer sunset! I combined the fuchsia and lemon with Ruby AB, Orange AB, and a mix of pink tones. I like using pre-mixed blends for bracelets like these, because there are always some unique colors I may have not found myself.


Whenever I went on vacation as a little girl, I would always pick a silver charm for my charm bracelet to remind me of my trip. Today, you can pick charms like these to represent a memory, or maybe just to dream about a vacation you wish you had! Check out all the charms here.

When I finished my sunny day bracelets, my thoughts immediately turned to summer nights. What better frame for this dragonfly charm than a twinkling of crystals, just like the first stars that emerge from the twilight?








I am still having camera trouble, but hopefully these pictures are clear enough to spark your imagination and inspire a little summer time creativity!



Disclaimer: The charms and Czech glass beads were provided to me free of charge from Artbeads. My review is my opinion and I have not been paid for my endorsement.

4 comments:

  1. Pretty! I love the bracelets...those look like flip-flop summer fun! I am thinking pink lemonade and flowy dresses.
    And that dragonfly is awesome. I think it is so cool to see where everyone's inspiration takes them with these themes!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I remember picking out charms to remember vacations, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete