Saturday, February 21, 2009

Priceless Artwork

A good friend of mine once said (when we were moms of young children) "there's priceless artwork, and then there's price-less artwork." In other words, don't feel guilty if some of your child's nursery school drawings end up in the blue bin.

Here's a piece I consider priceless. I found it stuck between some papers that were in a box that had been moved at least twice without being sorted out. It's got to be 12 years old.



This is a kitchen-table creation, or maybe a doctor's-waiting-room or back-seat-of-the-car time killer. I love it because it reminds me of my little girl who is a star, who is full of love, and has never stopped drawing. Now her pictures are a little moodier, use a lot more black and red, and contain symbolism that's often lost on us adults. However, it's still priceless.

1 comment:

  1. That's adorable Karin. I'm welling a bit. She is a star!

    ReplyDelete