Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Take My Poll

So, now that I'm finishing up my third book, I'm just curious. What do you do when you want to learn something new? Do you buy a book and teach yourself? Or are you more likely to sign up for a class, craving the interaction and the social element? Do you surf the web for ideas, or would you rather consult with your favorite magazine's editorial staff? Or are you like me--yes to all of the above? Please take my survey and let me know how you like to learn...

2 comments:

  1. When I want to learn something new I almost always go to the web today. The majority of the time that is all I need to do to get what I needed.

    If I need something beyond that I would get the book. Factors in that are around how often I may need to keep referring to the same material or if a book is just going to give a much more in depth lesson than what can be found on the web.

    A How To book is far more likely to be bought than relying on the web. For example - I bought a few Home Depot HowTo books. There are many topics and they have such great steps and pictures. Its real handy to have those in a book that you can walk around with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting. I'm with you -- the web is easy to look things up and do some quick research,but when I really want to learn something I turn to a how-to book, also.

    ReplyDelete