We were invited to our friends' house for a casual and impromptu dinner last night, and we were just bringing wine. Being Valentine's Day and all, a bottle of wine didn't seem like enough, though, so I decided to dress it up a bit. My first try was wire -- nice, but not polished enough. And then I landed on this great wine-bottle lariat idea. Love it. How cute would it be to customize this idea for a shower, or for party favors?
loop end of toggle clasp or large jump ring
2 4-6 mm crystal beads
jump rings as needed
1. Attach the toggle loop or large jump ring to one end of the chain.
2. Attach a charm to the other end.
3. Attach the remaining charms on each side of the chain near the end with the charm.
4. String a crystal on a headpin and make the first half of a wrapped loop. Connect to the chain and finish the wraps. Repeat with the remaining crystal and headpin.
5. Wrap the chain around the neck of the wine bottle and drop the end through the loop.