Sunday, April 20, 2008

Pleasure? or Guilty Pleasure??

I read an interview with an artist who was asked to name her guilty pleasures and her response was, "well, I watch TV at the end of a long day, but I enjoy it, so it's not a guilty pleasure."

That got me to thinking that I spend a lot of time doing things that don't really bring me pleasure (cleaning, commuting...) so, I really shouldn't feel guilty when I do the things I want to.

Here's my list of pleasures: reading in the afternoon, crafting until I'm finished (not breaking to make dinner), watching my favorite TV shows (Friday Night Lights, Grey's Anatomy, Brothers & Sisters, Project Runway). And here are two truly guilty pleasures -- I feel guilty but I can't stop -- Bejeweled online and Taco Bell (once in a blue moon).

No comments:

Post a Comment