Monday, April 27, 2009

I heart Mondays

I don't have a jewelry box. I have jewelry boxes. In fact my dresser is covered with my box collection. I have a large box (an antique portable writing desk) that holds earrings, a rectangular wooden box for necklaces, a nifty square box for bracelets, a leather-covered box for "sparkly" jewelry, another wooden box for odds and ends, and then I have these little boxes. One, from my grandmother, houses a lapel pin from my grandfather. One is filled with safety pins. One has a few baby teeth that the tooth fairy left behind. One was given to me by my father when I was about 10 years old. The heart-shaped Christmas cat was a gift from my cousin, and the heart-shaped button box was a nursery-school masterpiece that I still use and love.


This eclectic system works for me. I can always find what I want, and pieces remain fairly tangle-free. How do you store your jewelry?

No comments:

Post a Comment