Monday, November 23, 2009

I heart Mondays and...

I have a lot to heart today -- makes up for the last few Monday's I've missed!

First of all, if you know me, you know I heart snowmen. I have a great collection that comes out just after Thanksgiving and stays around until February.

Second, I heart the ArtGirlz. I've posted about them in the past, and I recently purchased a snow person kit from them. Kits are a great way to dip into a craft. You don't have to run around collecting supplies, and someone's already thought through the directions for you. ArtGirlz give you enough guidance to get the job done, but they respect your crafting instincts and let you make most of the little decisions on your own. Here are a few of my new friends:


Third, I heart needle felting.


I've been looking for an easy needle felting project and this was it. I took some wool roving (a very tiny bit) and worked it into the felt ball with a felting needle. It was very easy to do a free-form heart. My snowmen are full of love! I also had fun felting the "coal" eyes and mouths.

But it gets better! ArtGirlz also sell a kit for culturally diverse snow people. How cool is that? I couldn't pass it up. Don't they make you happy?
And just because I think they're so cute, here's one more picture of the group as they were drying:
Due to technical difficulties, this is posting a day late, but I hope it made you smile. What are you crafting?

No comments:

Post a Comment