Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Go Pack

I confess. I'm not a Green Bay Packers fan. I didn't really care if Brett was coming back or not. I never want to experience the frozen tundra. And, I really hate their colors. But wait a minute ... this brings to mind a favorite anecdote of mine. When I was editing a book called The Art of Bead Embroidery by Heidi Kummli and Sherry Serafini, a comment from Heidi on color was forever lodged in my brain. She said "nothing clashes in nature." So, when I'm stuck for color inspiration, I often look at the colors around me. And right now, all over the state of Wisconsin, we're surrounded with this: So I guess the Pack is not so bad, after all. I get plenty of inspiration from Nature, but I'm inspired every day by the artists I work with. View Heidi's work here and Sherry's here.

No comments:

Post a Comment