Sunday, May 25, 2008

Immersed in inspiration








OK, so I'm still not crafting .... my parents have been visiting and we spent the last two days touring. First stop was Ten Chimneys, the home of Alfred Lundt and Lynne Fontanne. It was just fabulous, darling. Every room was a juxtaposition of elegance and humbleness, opulence and simplicity.You just wished you had been their friend! Here's a little picture I took outside. It's just of part of the compound -- see more about Ten Chimneys here. Then we were off and running the next day to Taliesin East, Frank Lloyd Wright's summer home in Spring Green, Wisconsin. Our tour covered a school, originally built as a boarding school run by his aunts, and later converted to his architectural school. The students had just returned from the winter at Taliesin West, so there was a nice vibe. It was a beautiful day. The lilacs were in full bloom, the peonies were about to burst forth, the grass was green, and there was a gentle breeze. We also toured his home. Meredith was photographer for the day. Isn't this a great shot?




On the way home, we stopped by the Wollershiem winery. On our quest to find a locally grown and produced wine, my friend Lisa and I discovered them. The yummy pinot noir is produced on the premises; the equally divine Domaine du Sac is both grown and produced on site. We arrived about 15 minutes before closing -- enough time to purchase some favorites and a few new varieties to try. I've got to keep my cellar stocked, you know. I'll definitely be back for a full tour and tasting. I'd really like to learn more about their operation.


Finally, I just have to show you this photo my dear husband took yesterday morning. If you look closely, you'll see the condition of my yard and perhaps understand why today will be devoted to yard work instead of crafting. So now I'm going to get to work. But my head is full of the images I've taken in over the last two days, so I know my gears will be turning as I pull those weeds!

No comments:

Post a Comment