Thursday, August 7, 2008

Are you ready?

I come from a family to whom the following logic made sense:
Idle hands make idle minds.
TV makes idle minds.
Therefore, if you watch TV and you don't want your mind to be idle, you'd better keep your hands busy.
Or something like that.

Anyway, I can mark all of my serious childhood TV watching (the Roots miniseries, the Thorn Birds minisereis, The Academy Awards, The Miss America Pagents...) by the crafts created while watching -- an oddly shaped hand-knit cat sweater, hand-sewn Barbie clothes, embroidered jeans, lots of needlepoint...My mom said, "always have lap work."

So as I gear up for the marathon event that is Olympic broadcast viewing, I'm lining up my lap work. I'll use the opening ceremonies and the first few days of events to finish some jewelry projects, but I'm really in the mood to start knitting again. So, let the games begin.

1 comment:

  1. I crafted an award winning quilted sculpture while watching Roots! Okay really it was a small hand holding a heart and it got honorable mention in a local art fair.

    I'm a Leo, we like to think big thoughts!

    Happy Crafting!

    Cheers,
    Margot

    ReplyDelete