Saturday, January 3, 2009

Favorite Christmas Project and a Book Review


First the review ... you really must check out Jennifer Perkin's book, The Naughty Secretary Club: The Working Girl's Guide to Handmade Jewelry. Check out the book, her blog, and her website -- everything about this girl is fun. What I adore about the book is although it might sound gimmicky, and the jewelry is all of a certain bold and statement-making style, the projects are extremely creative and well made. You won't go wrong making any of them, and you'll learn skills and tips that apply to any kind of jewelry making. In fact, her cover project (Shredded Junk Mail necklace and bangle) inspired my favorite Christmas craft project of 2008. I'll let you consult Jennifer's book for the directions, but here's my version (made from shredded Black Friday Sale circulars):




This was just part of my Green Christmas theme this year ... I'll show more bits and pieces over the next few days. Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Cute ornaments!
    I think the last time my family made Christmas ornaments were the glass balls with the swirled paint inside. When I got them out I fondly recalled when you inspired me to be crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These use the same glass balls. I love those paint-swirled ones, too. Much easier than these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thanks for the nice words and your ornaments are adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete