Saturday, January 24, 2009

Think Spring!

It's January 24, it's -12 degrees out the kitchen window, but I'm not going to let that bother me anymore. Here are two Springlike images, to keep the winter blahs away:

The first is a charcoal sketch my grandmother drew about 40 years ago. (My mom is downsizing, which means I'm upsizing...) I'm thrilled to have this sketch, though. Its casual style reflects the casual activity, and the casual attitude most of us have at 5. I wonder how long it took her to draw this, and I'm amazed that she caught so much emotion so easily. I've got it in my living room as a reminder that Spring is around the corner, and a reminder that I need to channel my inner 5-year old more often.
For those of you who live in the Midwest, you know that the silver lining of a sub-zero day is brilliant sunshine and blue skies (no cloud cover = no warmth). I love this vase Marty gave me for Christmas. The frog is built into the base, so it's easy to make a sculptural arrangement. These supermarket Gerbera daisies are just what I needed to remind me that gardening season is only a few months away...

How's your weather?

No comments:

Post a Comment