Monday, June 9, 2008

Silver Lining



It was a dark and stormy night...and morning, and afternoon, and night again. Well, it's been a dark and stormy month.

Our area received nearly 5 in. of rain on Sat. alone. The June total is over 9 in. and it's only the 9th!! Meredith took this picture right before we took cover:




Silver lining #1: I finally had some down time in the basement to put away all the little things that had been on loan to my publisher for Altered You! photoshoots... Mod Podge, paints and brushes, punches and papers, ribbons, the be-dazzler, endless sewing notions. I'm happy to have everything out of the bin and back to its rightful spot. Now, if I ever have free time to craft, I'll know where to find my stuff!

The wind and rain did terrible damage to the flowers that were just coming out. After waiting through such a long, long, winter, it was sad to see the lovely blooms all over the ground.

Silver lining #2: I dashed out between thunder storms and gathered armloads of iris. I now have huge bouquets in the dining room and living room:

I've just come back from a great week at the Bead&Button show. I'll fill you in on everything in my next post. And, yes, I hope to be crafting again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment