Sunday, September 28, 2008

A. C. Moore Event

I had a fun weekend in Florida, visiting the new A. C. Moore store in Cape Coral. I really enjoyed meeting fellow jewelry-making enthusiasts, especially Laura and the other A.C. Moore staffers. I signed a few books, helped a few folks perfect their wrapped loops, and spent a relaxing afternoon making jewelry.


Before the book signing, I escaped for a walk along the Ft. Meyers beach. I forgot how beautiful the sand is (it’s been about 10 years since I visited the Gulf Coast). I was pleased to see many of the shells I remember from my childhood – cat’s paws, cockle shells, scallops, mussels, and even broken bits of sand dollars and sea urchins. I know the shelling is not the same as it once was, but it wasn’t as sparse as I expected. I couldn't help but stoop and collect a precious few.

No comments:

Post a Comment