Saturday, September 13, 2008

Rings & Things Sale

The last time I went to the Rings & Things trunk show, I was shopping for my book Mostly Metals. It took great self control to walk past the tables draped with gemstones and pearls, and limit my shopping to the chain, wire, and silver and gold beads in the back of the room. This year, I was happy to indulge in the rest of the show! Here’s a peek:
First the pearls, from left to right. 5mm potato, 7x10mm rice, 8-9mm round, 6mm rice, 8mm rondell, 3mm Mother of Pearl, and cream and champagne keishi. This will really fill in my depleted stash!






Then, I bought some fun stuff: 16 mm red shell pearls, like the one’s I used for Nicki’s earrings, 14mm lava rocks, 14mm carved new jade, more lava rocks in 6mm, 8mm lizardite (?! Not a gemstone that makes the regular list, but I loved the green laced with black), and 8x10mm black stone.

Here's a close up of the carved new jade:









Finally, my splurge of the day was a strand of faceted slab-cut Peruvian opals. I also stocked up on some findings, two spools of suede cord for Meredith, and some funky pendants for her to experiment with. Check out their web site for a schedule of their tour – they may be coming to your city, soon. If not, go ahead and look through the online listing. I’ve always had a great experience with ordering from Rings & Things.

1 comment:

  1. Nice picks, Karin!

    I see we like some of the same beads...I'm a huge fan of the lava rock, and the constantly changing new stock of pearls at our shows is totally fascinating.

    Glad you had a good time, now show off what you can do with these cool beads! ;)

    --Dave
    at Rings & Things

    ReplyDelete